Please remember: Temperatures can vary greatly from day to night in August in New York. Here are some helpful tips on how to prepare to have a safe, comfortable and enjoyable festival experience:
- Dress for the weather. Keep an eye on the forecast before heading to Bethel Woods Center for the Arts so you can dress accordingly (light clothing, layers, hats, etc.)
- Stay hydrated by visiting the hydration stations located around the festival grounds for free, cool, filtered water. We recommend bringing your own reusable water bottle. You can also bring in hydration packs (be sure to check the allowed/prohibited list for more information about hydration pack restrictions).
- Don’t forget to eat! Festival days are long and you need to make sure you’re fueling your body. There are lots of great food options around the festival so be sure to partake.
- Take breaks from the sun by taking advantage of the shade structures located throughout the festival grounds.
- Bring sunscreen lotion (note: aerosol sprays are prohibited items), hats, and sunglasses.
- Watch out for your friends and the music fans around you. Alert security or a staff member if you need assistance.
- Have Emergency Contact Info on your person and your phone lock screen in case emergency personnel need this information.